homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow peas and other stuff

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow peas and other stuff
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:35:17 -0500

Bev,
Last year I attended a class about herbs and the woman who was teaching it
had written her masters theses on Turmeric. She told me that I needed to
take at least 2 teaspoons per day to gain benefits.
For me it works very well as for over 10 years I have been "drinking" my
breakfast. Smoothie type things. I put the turmeric in the drink and have
found it very tolerable taste wise. The drink is made out of whatever I have
on hand. Fruit, veggies, (mostly greens), whatever is in season. Right now
I am using lettuce, kale and this morning it was frozen watermelon. During
the season I freeze local stuff, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries,
peaches, pears, apples. Also included is some ginger powder, a bit of
cinnamon and some flax seeds. Sometimes I use plantain, dandelions, or
clover, (yard stuff), as well as parsley which I have growing all winter long.
Hope this will give you some ideas.
Losing weight to keep the strain off the joints has helped me too. As I age
I find that keeping the weight under control is paramount for good health.
It makes it harder as I age because I don't move like I used to. Wish I did
not like food so much! :)))
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6