homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sweet Potato harvest

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sweet Potato harvest
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:29:39 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Our springs have
varied wildly in the last few years, but as long as hard frosts are
past, the sweet potatoes hang in there.

When is he date of your usual last frost?

Here, is it supposed to be around March 30, and normally, the ground wouldn't warm enough for sp's until mid to late April, but with my monster beds generating heat from the composting mulch, I always push my luck and plant when the moon is right closest to April 1. My garden beds allow me to plant 1-2 weeks ahead of when I normally would be able to plant.

“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda