homestead - [Homestead] electric shock for bites

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] electric shock for bites
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:17:59 -0500

I've got some kind of spider bite on my ribcage. It is the second such bite in two months, and while it is not a brown recluse bite, thankfully, I'm getting pretty sick of this. Two days ago, it was the size of a pencil erase. Yesterday, the size of a quarter, and today, the hard, red, swollen area is the size of a fried egg. I recall SC Lynn, I believe it was, talking about electric shock for bites, insect, scorpion, and snake. I've done a bit more reading on this today, and found these interesting articles:
From 1986:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9A0DE2D9113EF936A3575BC0A960948260

http://venomshock.wikidot.com/system:list-all-pages
Lots of information and links to first hand accounts, testimonials, and homemade 'guns'.

If I had a stun gun, I think I would try it. I don't know what keeps biting me, but it's getting old.
I know I had on a hooded sweatshirt day before yesterday. I had been outside and came in for a break.. I was sitting here at the computer when I felt something crawling around my collarbone. I grabbed at it, adjusted my shirt, and looked for whatever it was, but never saw it. A few hours later, I had the 'bite' on my left ribcage. If past bites are any indication, I have a good two weeks of discomfort and antibiotics to look forward to before it gets better. Grrr.

Does anyone have any experience with this shock treatment stuff? Lynn?
--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda