homestead - Re: [Homestead] mystery herb

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] mystery herb
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:36:13 -0500

Try garlic chives. I have never seen them offered in the grocery, but they are a staple in my home. The perfect touch for alfredo sauce, baked potatoes, veggies and butter etc. I bring in a pot full every winter. They don't care what time of year it is. They just keep growing and putting up shoots.

Wendy

Thanks for the smile Bev. Those exact words went through my mind as I
walked past it several times before deciding, yes, it's worth saving for
a while longer. The greenhouse shelves are filling; better figure out a
heat source soon.

For months I've been trying to find an herb or other plant that could
provide a little income or barter potential once the greenhouse is
finished. I've put heavy thought into salvia d.

EarthNSky wrote:
Danggit...
The more I look at it now, the more I think it looks like mullein.
Jeez, mullein, borage, borage, mullein, borage, mullein..
The thing is, I don't remember being able to see that many veins on
mullein from the topside...With mullein, which does grow in a rosette
kind of like your picture my first impression is not the venous
structure, it is the fuzz..
Nope, I'm back to borage. :)

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net