homestead - Re: [Homestead] mystery herb

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] mystery herb
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:04:34 -0500

Thanks for the smile Bev. Those exact words went through my mind as I walked past it several times before deciding, yes, it's worth saving for a while longer. The greenhouse shelves are filling; better figure out a heat source soon.

For months I've been trying to find an herb or other plant that could provide a little income or barter potential once the greenhouse is finished. I've put heavy thought into salvia d.

EarthNSky wrote:
Danggit...
The more I look at it now, the more I think it looks like mullein.
Jeez, mullein, borage, borage, mullein, borage, mullein..
The thing is, I don't remember being able to see that many veins on
mullein from the topside...With mullein, which does grow in a rosette
kind of like your picture my first impression is not the venous
structure, it is the fuzz..
Nope, I'm back to borage. :)

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net