homestead - Re: [Homestead] Edward Abbey was:ld water

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Edward Abbey was:ld water
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:02:48 -0500

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> "Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion."

I like this quote of Abbey's, perhaps it describes, for me, what I hope the
next couple years of Obama's presidency will be instead of what it has been
in recent years.

Tell people the truth about the economy and how we must each sacrifice, to
lower our expectations for all the wonderful new things we'd like to have or
get done. Give us the truth, better to face it wide awake than be lulled
half-asleep in another delusion.

lkvp