homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let's begin -- same rules apply

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let's begin -- same rules apply
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:44:14 -0700

On Nov 5, 2008, at 8:17 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

If ever there was a dead-on-its-feet administration, this one is it. Bush might as
well pack up and go back to Crawford today for all the difference his
presence in the White House makes.

I wish that were so. The Bush Administration is working hard on many issues that it intends to implement before January 20, 2009. Things they can do without Congressional approval. Before Bush, I naively thought that even a zealous evangelical president could not hurt the country with his efforts to inflict his beliefs and business interests upon the country. Bush is still at it and it is a mistake to think that he is done.

I posted the source for this final push a week or so ago and can't find it right now.