homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let's begin -- same rules apply

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let's begin -- same rules apply
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:17:41 EST

> >I say look at the situation when a president enters office and when he
> leaves. Is the country better off than it was 8 years ago? It may be bad
> leadership or bad convergence of the stars, but, as leader, it happened on
> his
> watch. Time will tell with Obama.

Lynn, I'd normally agree with this but this time I say it's different. If
ever there was a dead-on-its-feet administration, this one is it. Bush might
as
well pack up and go back to Crawford today for all the difference his
presence in the White House makes. Everything that happens beginning now is
in
anticipation of Obama's administration.

So let's put a book mark here. Gas is $2.25 or so and unemployment is 5% or
so and inflation is a (fake) 4% or so on the day before Obama was elected.
Let's see what happens now.

Remember my saw, "Same rules apply" We heard for 8 years that Clinton left a
budget surplus and Bush leaves a huge deficit. The surplus was due to the
fake stock bubble of the late 1990's and much of the deficit after that was
due
to that same bubble collapsing. But those facts and logic are left out of
"when he came into office and when he left" criterion.