homestead - Re: [Homestead] Making your own woodworking tools.

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <vdjor AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Making your own woodworking tools.
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:52:25 -0500

I always recommend Lindsay Pubs. They tend to stop sending catalogs if you
do not order so I always try to order a book every so often. The problem is
not finding a book but selecting from so many.

I keep hoping that Lyle Cummins will come out with his second volume of the
Diesel engine history. His first stopped at 1918 so skips a huge chunk of
the development of small industrial and automotive Diesels. He did write a
very good book on his grandfather's development of the Diesel, subsequent
loss of control of the company and later development of the Jacob's Engine
Brake.

Don Bowen KI6DIU