homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let's begin -- same rules apply

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let's begin -- same rules apply
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:10:56 EST

> >The stock market has had some wild swings over the last several months.
> The
> loss so far cannot be laid on Mr Obama unless you are looking for faults and
> have not been paying attention. Besides he is not president yet and will
> not be until Jan 20, 2009.

Don, you are using logic here. I said the same rules apply.

"..looking for faults and not paying attention" is one of the rules. It's
what's happened for 8 years with Bush. For example, people made a living
selling over-inflated houses and when that crashed the economy they gasp,
"That damn
Bush! He should have stopped this!"

That he is not yet president is not germane this time. No one is making
decisions or reacting based on what Bush might do in the next ten weeks. The
world is reacting on what they think Obama is going to do.

Of course the swing in the stock market is just due to the instablity and a
prelude to further crashes to shortly come. If you want to stoop so low as
acutally use facts and logic, well, I suppose it has nothing whatever to do
with Obama.

But that's not the rules that have been in place for 8 years. Stock market's
down, Obama is president elect, end of story.

James