homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sarah, the Neiman Marxist...

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sarah, the Neiman Marxist...
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:23:49 -0500

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> The way they were eventually caught is because they were blowing tens of
> thousands of dollars at wal-mart, sears, strip clubs, and they hardly had
> any income between the three of them.

I suppose they could have gotten stuff for themselves and their
families (in the days before cell phones my hapless sister had her
purse with phone card stolen in a nasty southside Chicago
neighborhood, and for months she got bills for long distance calls to
every part of the deep South, which for whatever reason the phone
company seemed to not be able to stop even though it wasn't charging
her for them): you get a monster TV for yourself, all your buddies,
and your mama and pretty soon you're running up a real tab. And I'm
sure they could find strip clubs to drop a few more thou... but I
still don't understand the clothes thing. How many suits can one woman
wear? I'm not blaming Palin, but what were the aides thinking? This
wasn't the only instance of the campaign's bad judgment on
expenditures either: Palin's makeup person was the highest paid person
in the campaign, which makes Edwards' $400 haircut look cheap.

Marie