homestead - Re: [Homestead] NAIS, APHIS Over 50% Preemises registerd in 13 states & Customss / APHIS

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] NAIS, APHIS Over 50% Preemises registerd in 13 states & Customss / APHIS
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:14:51 -0600

Bob, you are right, I try to stay out of political talk in general as I'm on the list to glean homesteading knowledge.

From a food standpoint, and an egg farmer, I'm very aware of NAIS and how it's pushing small farmers around. But my understanding of APHIS is limited, from my friend in plant pathology research, not my field. Maybe I'm naive, and only looking at botanical proctection from the sense of keeping plant disease and insects out of the country. I suppose Homeland Security could involve the feeding of people, but then that should require agronomists.

I see all of this largely driven by corporate greed of the Monsantos who have undoubtedly benefitted from NAIS and eight years of Bush politics. The last I'd heard the NAIS thing was dead. What happened?

--Sage

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:33:54 -0700 (PDT)