homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:42:32 -0400

Thanks for clearing up some of my curiosity, Gene. I appreciate it. However,
this particular statement you made really bothers me, because it demonstrates
some of the short sightedness of many of the american people, including, in
my opinion, mind you, yours, at least as relates to this issue...

For instance, Clinton's
lies about Monica did not cost American lives and treasury. From my
perspective his lies were shameful. But they only had importance
beyond the individuals involved, including his wife and child, when
the opposition party chose to make a big deal out of it by adding the
issue to the vendetta called Whitewater.

In my opinion, what Clinton did cost us much more than lives and treasury, as
costly as those things are.?? He made the American Presidency a
laughingstock, not only here, but around the world.?? We will feel the
repercussions for that, in BOTH lives and treasury, ?for probably generations
to come.? Whitewater is irrelevant, compared to that.

Ray