homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:11:40 -0700

On Oct 28, 2008, at 10:45 AM, rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

Apparantly, my server puts question marks in where there should be spaces after sentances. That seems to be contributing to misunderstandings. I have a tendancy to triple-space after a sentance. Easier for me to read. I shall endeavor to not do this anymore, at least not in responses to Gene? ;-)

And my statement that it doesn't matter is valid, because It doesn't matter which president lies.?You seem to be asserting that only Bush, et all, lie.?That just simply isn't true, no matter how much you might like it to be so.?Clinton lied.?Hilary lied. Their advisors lied. Obama has lied.?McCain has lied.

Ray, I detest lies. By anyone. My point was that what Bush, et al did in the leadup to the Iraq Invasion was the first time it affected me so strongly that I was strongly repulsed. I saw where it was leading and the entire propaganda made me sad for my country. Unnecessary wars are an abomination of the human condition. We will never be civilized until we find a way to avoid them.

I wasn't disagreeing with your assertion that repeated lies are believed.?Merely asking why you only single out one group. I would still like to know the answer to that.

I do not single out one group for anything. I have many times here noted that all politicians lie to get elected. Then they do whatever they have to do to get reelected, including more lies. In a world full of liars I keep my sanity by communicating mostly only about those egregious lies that cause my country harm. For instance, Clinton's lies about Monica did not cost American lives and treasury. From my perspective his lies were shameful. But they only had importance beyond the individuals involved, including his wife and child, when the opposition party chose to make a big deal out of it by adding the issue to the vendetta called Whitewater.

Why, then, if you did remember the gassing, did you repeat the lie that there weren't any weapons of mass destruction.?I wasn't intending to be disingenuous, but was refuting part of your statement.

The gassing was past tense, Ray, perhaps done during the period when we supported Sadaam. The lies of Bush, et al, were made during the buildup to the invasion.

I have never denied that there were lies by the Bush administration, by the way, nor will I.?Personally, I believe that every president since possibly Jefferson has lied, and probably the two before him, as well.

And, my last sentance was a statement.

Are there fewer question marks, now?

Yes.