homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:00:27 -0700 (PDT)

All farmers here in Iowa use propane to dry corn and soybeans.  I doubt if
they will go back to picking it in the ear.  First picking in the ear
requires a corn picker, and they haven't been made for a number of years and
most of the ones that the farmers had, have been junked.  Also picking in the
ear takes more time and most farmers here raise about 2000 acres of corn and
would never get picked that way.