homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:14:07 -0400

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 6:17 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> We could have frost, too, but probably not due to the wind..

The wind has let up here, but it's still a bit cloudy. If it clears
it'll be cold, if not, tomorrow looks like the day. I'll be picking
peppers and whatever I can find.

> lighter. Anyway, I kind of went crazy cutting up fallen limbs and such
> so tomorrow I have to go around and pick up the wood in a wheelbarrow
> and stack it. I probably cut a weeks worth of wood today.

That's great. I found two standing dead trees last week when I did the
new woodlot marking of trees. Did I mention I got a bad case of
chiggers that day? Ate me up all week, last remembrance of summer! I'm
going to try to hit those trees tomorrow. Standing dead trees can be
ready to burn real fast.

Rob - Va