homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:51:02 -0800

They must have gotten more efficient because when they started this whole subsidised ethanol thing, our teen group investigated it and came up with 1.25 to 1.5 gallons to produce a gallon.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

I heard Michael Pollan on The Kitchen Sisters the other day, and he
said something astounding, paraphrase is that it takes 3/4 of a gallon
of oil to produce 1 gallon of ethanol.

Not what you were asking, really, but interesting and in the same
vein. I don't know if it's accurate.