homestead - [Homestead] Sometimes, I really hate keeping animals (with swearing)

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Sometimes, I really hate keeping animals (with swearing)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 21:35:01 -0400

I went out to do night check and lo and behold, there is one of my ewes, dragging her hind leg around. Not a mark on it but I am almost positive it's broken. Roy is in Virginia, I can't hit a vein without someone to hold her, I don't have a gun here. Eff me.

I can go out there with a big damn knife and slit her throat, which I really, really, really don't want to do, or call the vet in and have her put down in the middle of a Friday effing night and have the vet charge me out the effing ***.

I got enough Banamine into her IM that I'm sure the pain isn't horrendous, but I've never od-ed something on IM drugs, I don't even know if it can be done.

And to make it worse, this ewe was one of our orphans, which Roy pretty much bottle raised and whom he has an attachment to.

Can I just say again, EFF ME and my stupid effing luck. Poor ewe.

Ok. Now I need to go figure out how to kill this poor beast.

Bugger.