homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pokeweed

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pokeweed
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

I remember the song, Sandy. On every jukebox (Do jukeboxes still exist?)
I just googled to see what year the song came out and was made curious by the
blurb about poke salad, which it said should be said "poke sallet" (from some
old english word that means 'cooked' greens).
I don't remember if people pronounced it one way or the other ...bobford