homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sometimes, I really hate keeping animals (with swearing)

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sometimes, I really hate keeping animals (with swearing)
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:14:16 -0500

Death is one of those things that some people can't deal with. My
father, a farmer for about 70 years loved his cow and calf operation
and his cattle, but Mom was in charge of putting down those who needed
putting down. I married a city boy who was tough in many ways, but not
when it came to killing animals he was attached to. At this point, I'm
pretty sure I could execute about anyone because if any killing has
needed doing, I've done it.

Moon, get a .22 and make sure you know where in the head to put the
bullet. It's the easiest way to go, and it doesn't spoil the meat for
eating should you want to. Delivering clean, painless death is a good
thing. It's a pity we can only do it for non-human animals.

Marie