homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sometimes, I really hate keeping animals (with swearing)

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sometimes, I really hate keeping animals (with swearing)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

I've never killed an animal with anyting other than a gun, Moon; but I know
you don't want the animal to suffer.

I have seen a farmer kill a large hog with the blunt end of an axe. It
would not be easy for you, but I would imagine it would provide instant,
painless death for the lamb. 'Over the head and a quick, hard blow. Good
luck ...bobford