homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:08:39 -0700

On Oct 16, 2008, at 11:29 AM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

Drew, this is the free enterprise system. All are supposedly free to
join it. The big boys prefer to keep it to themselves.

Yes, but when one is joining with our tax dollars to back him, it is an
unfair fight. Free enterprise can't exist under the Obama system.

Not sure what the Obama "system" is until Congress gets done with it, but I expect there will be more small businesses doing well four years from now.

So, do you want to stay with the Bush program of lower taxes for the
wealthy? If so, I hope you are one of them.

I have never been accused of being wealthy except by the Dems at tax time.
Besides, this predates
Bush by quite a while, it was Reagan's system, which worked by the way at
fixing our economy. The same system Clinton signed off on repeatedly and
maintained good economic times.

Clinton left, and Bush entered, with an economy in far better condition than now, nearly eight years of Bush later.

Obama will do as he says and use Joes money to
fund those who come up behind him.

Seems to me that if we are going to increase our socialization of big
company expenses and shortfalls, then we may as well socialize
conditions for those of us who are mere contributors to that system.

So do you actually think this was a good thing?? I know congress tailored
this little bailout plan for their
big business buddies, and will love having their fingers in this, but I
cringe at it.

I hate it. But ideology has never bought me any beans. You?

It is apparent that Wall Street has immense influence in the DC Whorehouse, both as campaign contributors and as revolving-door participants. The best chance for equity that we commoners have is to loudly scream our pain and for programs that will directly benefit us.

Then, some day, true Conservatives will attain their goal of smaller government through national bankruptcy. In the meantime, print that paper! The day of reckoning will never come! Well, at least as long as (insert your favorite public servant) is in office.

In the meantime, become a successful homesteader.