homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:29:47 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/2008 2:15:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

On Oct 16, 2008, at 9:57 AM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

> All true if the economy is great, but Joe is looking at new taxes on
> the
> income he is ALREADY making, his business, like most is probably
> looking at
> decreases this year, not increases,

If so, then he pays less taxes.
And the cycle repeats until he is out of business.

> and with less income left over after taxes,
> he will certainly not be hiring more. How will this create jobs at
> any level???

He won't pay more taxes if his business falls below a quarter million
NET; he will pay less.
Again, until he is out of business and pays none. Of course once he quits
contributing
he will get a check from the IRS anyway, and we have switched who is
unemployed.

> The govt will suck up a bunch of money, create new departments to
> handle
> (spend) it and fund some token programs to account for the newfound
> wealth. we
> have been to this pop stand before. If anything, they will fund
> some new
> minority owned plumbing operations, with access to govt. contracts Joe
> doesn't have. As there is not going to be a big upsurge in plumbing
> needs, the
> same amount of business will be spread out. Joe's self made business
> will lose
> customers, so others can gain.

Drew, this is the free enterprise system. All are supposedly free to
join it. The big boys prefer to keep it to themselves.
Yes, but when one is joining with our tax dollars to back him, it is an
unfair fight. Free enterprise can't exist under the Obama system.

So, do you want to stay with the Bush program of lower taxes for the
wealthy? If so, I hope you are one of them.
I have never been accused of being wealthy except by the Dems at tax time.
Besides, this predates
Bush by quite a while, it was Reagan's system, which worked by the way at
fixing our economy. The same system Clinton signed off on repeatedly and
maintained good economic times.

> Obama will do as he says and use Joes money to
> fund those who come up behind him.

Seems to me that if we are going to increase our socialization of big
company expenses and shortfalls, then we may as well socialize
conditions for those of us who are mere contributors to that system.
So do you actually think this was a good thing?? I know congress tailored
this little bailout plan for their
big business buddies, and will love having their fingers in this, but I
cringe at it.