homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:15:06 -0700

On Oct 16, 2008, at 9:57 AM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

All true if the economy is great, but Joe is looking at new taxes on the
income he is ALREADY making, his business, like most is probably looking at
decreases this year, not increases,

If so, then he pays less taxes.

and with less income left over after taxes,
he will certainly not be hiring more. How will this create jobs at any level???

He won't pay more taxes if his business falls below a quarter million NET; he will pay less.

The govt will suck up a bunch of money, create new departments to handle
(spend) it and fund some token programs to account for the newfound wealth. we
have been to this pop stand before. If anything, they will fund some new
minority owned plumbing operations, with access to govt. contracts Joe
doesn't have. As there is not going to be a big upsurge in plumbing needs, the
same amount of business will be spread out. Joe's self made business will lose
customers, so others can gain.

Drew, this is the free enterprise system. All are supposedly free to join it. The big boys prefer to keep it to themselves.

So, do you want to stay with the Bush program of lower taxes for the wealthy? If so, I hope you are one of them.

Obama will do as he says and use Joes money to
fund those who come up behind him.

Seems to me that if we are going to increase our socialization of big company expenses and shortfalls, then we may as well socialize conditions for those of us who are mere contributors to that system.