homestead - Re: [Homestead] Doubling of Vitamin D for Children Is Urged

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Doubling of Vitamin D for Children Is Urged
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:41:04 -0800

I guess all the doom and gloomers about skin cancer don't want George Hamilton parading around too much <g>

I, personally, think all this stuff about skin cancer has its roots somewhere besides exposure to the sun. Go back 50 years or so and tell me how many folks working out in the sun, day in and day out, and the incidence of skin cancer was slim to none.

The piece I saw says that to get it from the sun, it would put children
at risk of skin cancer. Sunscreens, lotions, and even mosquito repellant
all block Vit.D absorption.