homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 02:15:32 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:
I suppose the difference in the Vogler/Ayers comparison is that Vogler
is dead and the Palins joined up after his death. Vogler's cohorts
don't seem to share his staunch anti-American beliefs. Ayers is alive
and Obama worked directly with him. Those that surround Ayers seem to
share his Anti-Americanism.

I'm not sure on what basis you make that determination. Are you
saying that Walter Annenberg and Rich Daley are anti-American.

No. I don't know anything about Daley, other than he was a famous Chicago major. I'd never heard of Annenberg, or Ayers for that matter, before a few weeks ago. (I do recall seeing SDS spray-painted on stuff in my childhood, so I was glad to be able to learn more about that!) My knowledge of these things is limited because my research is limited, but from what I have read, Annenberg was a billionaire philathropist. Feel free to question or challenge any of the stuff below. It is my understanding from pages I have read. I may have mixed stuff up or got the facts wrong. In some cases, I may not have hard facts, just my opinion.
I think one distinction I am making that others apparently are not is that I consider the Chicago Annenberg challenge an Ayers organization, not an Annenberg organization. It was Ayers who got the grant to start it, and IMO, the Annenberg Foundation screwed up when they gave him millions of dollars to disperse for his 'educational' initiatives. From all that I have read Walter Annenberg was not anti-establishment or anti-US. The AF money that created the CAC went to a variety of educational programs, some of which were anti-American. I know that mine is a very minority opinion since he got citizenship awards for doing that, but nevertheless, I don't think the matching taxpayer money should have gone to support that. As you know, Obama is the one that handed out Ayers' money to those groups. I would not do such work if I did not morally agree with what I was doing. Even if 90% of the money went to good causes, that other 10% is what matter and defines the transgression, IMO.

When I wrote 'those that surround Ayers' I was actually thinking of Jeremiah Wright, who received some of that 'education' money(at some money for education that I think was from CAC), and KAM, whom Ayers knew through the Black Panthers and who allegedly knew them because he raised money for Obama. (No one is talking about it because it is illegal for foreign campaign groups to donate money to American political parties, and they don't want to sully Obama's campaign.) Ayers was a BP sympathizer and from what I read, the judge he attacked had heard a BP case. While I don't think Wright and Ayers knew each other personally, they are cut from the same mold, both Anti-American. I probably should have written ...surround Ayers/Obama. But of those Anti-American Chicagoans, Obama had connections to many of them, in addition to those I already mentioned there is also Elijah Muhammed.

I think Ayers et. al are hoodlums. They are now educated hoodlums, with connections that stem from wealthy families, but hoodlums nevertheless. I think there is some kind of analogy about lipstick on a pig or something<g>.... They are also smart, and have fingers in a lot of enterprises, some good, some bad. A smart criminal is one who does so many good things that people don't see the bad, or they overlook anything that might be morally questionable. Bin Laden uses this tactic, too, building schools and hospitals to win over those he needs to help hide his location.

Bev

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan