homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:36:55 -0500

> Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
>> I don't think it's a big deal. I think it struck people that McCain's
>> slogan is "American First" and AIP's slogan is "Alaska First". I
>> understand that she wasn't actually a member, but her husband was.

The party seems to have moved beyond the initial aspirations of its
founder, Joe Vogler, who wrote that "the fires of hell are frozen
glaciers compared to my hatred of the United States." Mr. Vogler
apparently died in a deal for plastic explosives gone bad, which
stopped his appearance before the UN (sponsored by the Iranian
government) to speak for Alaska independence. None of it seems too
awful unless you are friendly toward it *and* want to be the US VP. I
don't think they've blown anyone up recently.

Marie