homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:38:51 -0800

When a territory becomes a state, the voting populace is supposed to be asked, in a vote, if they want to be a state or if they want to remain a territory or a list of other options which I don't remember. That vote didn't happen and that is what Vogler based his ongoing complaint on.

I don't think Vogler was executed for either. The man was RICH! He wasn't fond of banks and there was no money in his house when his "disappearance" was investigated. He was "probably" killed with the handgun he kept in his nightstand, which coincidentally, disappeared when he did and was not found with him and has never been recovered. IF the lowlife that confessed to killing him over a sale of plastics, actually had more than a smidgen, he wouldn't have survived. The amount he talked about that he was *supposedly* going to sell Vogler would have taken out the whole block!

Vogler was old (80) and I think he was the victim of a crime by someone and his friends who were known petty thieves!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

The US has broken quite a number of laws. I'm not sure which one
you're referring to here.

Let me go on record to say that I absolutely reject and condemn the
tactics of the Weathermen during the Viet Nam war in bombing anything
at all. I know nothing about Bill Ayers in his incarnation as a
college professor except that his public statements make him sound
like the same spoiled little shit who thought bombing the Pentagon was
a good thing.

The AIP seems to not be for domestic terrorism at this time. If they
were, I would condemn that too. We'll never know if Joe Vogler was
executed because of a deal for plastic explosives gone bad or because
the US didn't want to let him appear before the UN (as the AIP has
asserted), but I'm sure there's lots we'll never know.

Marie