homestead - Re: [Homestead] Christian faith

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Christian faith
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:01:50 -0400

jmroll AT bellsouth.net wrote:
> Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
>
> > I don't agree with his paranoia, but can see where it comes from; there
> > is a long history of Christians trying to wipe out anyone who isn't
> > Christian. But he's looking for peaceful solutions, coming through
> > education and raising the standard and expectations in the black
> community.
> >
> > Lynn Wigglesworth
>
> Johnny Reb wrote:
>
> Lynn, many times on this list I have read your statements about "Christians
> trying to wipe out anyone who isn't Christian". I believe your are off base
> with you views. You have every right to express them just as I have the
> same right to express my opinion and my views.

That's funny, because I've only ever said it once. In fact, I've just
returned to this list after years of not posting on it.

I'm sure that churches do lots of wonderful things. But there have been
many, many people in the last couple centuries who have had good reason
to fear Christian churchs. Some awful things have been done in the name
of Christianity. Killing witches or heretics, hatred and intolerance
against gays, the Crusades, the KKK, the Spanish Inquisition and I'm
sure many more.

Lynn Wigglesworth

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of
your life.