homestead - Re: [Homestead] Christian faith

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Christian faith
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:26:39 EDT

> >You may have us confused with another religion.

I think she's got the right one. And I think she is taking the long view of
history. That would include colonization or attempts at colonization of
most
of the world, the conquistadors, the crusades, genocide and enthnocide of the
North American peoples, slave trade (the primary rationalization of slavery
was that it was better to have a chance at salvation than to have one's
freedom), Constantine, the inquisition, and the list goes on and on and on.

Handing out a few meals and nailing up some plywood after a storm does not
expunge the violent and bloody history of Christianity.

James </HTML>