homestead - [Homestead] Christian faith

  • From: jmroll AT bellsouth.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Christian faith
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:22:02 +0000

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

> I don't agree with his paranoia, but can see where it comes from; there
> is a long history of Christians trying to wipe out anyone who isn't
> Christian. But he's looking for peaceful solutions, coming through
> education and raising the standard and expectations in the black
community.

> Lynn Wigglesworth

Johnny Reb wrote:

Lynn, many times on this list I have read your statements about "Christians
trying to wipe out anyone who isn't Christian". I believe your are off base
with you views. You have every right to express them just as I have the same
right to express my opinion and my views.
When Hurricanes hit our Cities along the Gulf Coast Churches quickly unite to
bring aid, serve meals and clothing by the truck loads. Churches extend their
helping hands more quickly and more effectively that local, state and federal
agencies. In my community alone many truck loads of aid was organized and
sent by Churches of various Christian Beliefs. Our local Churches send
medical volunteers annually to Mexico and Costa Rico. Carpenters For Christ
groups spend 1 week or their vacation and personal time each year helping
where they are needed. The message of my lord Jesus Christ was love,
forgiveness and service not "to wipe out anyone who isn't Christian". You may
have us confused with another religion.
I know we were placed on this earth to make a choice. Yes, we all make that
decision to serve God or ourselves.