homestead - Re: [Homestead] What if OBama

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What if OBama
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 00:38:03 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

But say he did convert to Islam. Is this a big deal? Same God as the
Jews and Christians, with a different slant. Most Muslims either like
us fine or don't give a rat's behind as to what we do.

No, it is not a big deal-not any bigger deal than Bush or Clinton or Kennedy praying in the White House...They would just need an awful lot of prayer rugs in the White House,(big place). Islam is not an evil religion, but some radicals are using it in a way that I think would make Muhammed roll over in his grave. Somehow, I seriously doubt he would have approved of the 911 plot.

I firmly believe that anyone who believe that Obama is a walking
cluster of Islamic Jihad has had way too much Kool Aid (and lots of
tin foil hats). He's just another politcian who may be more blessed
than others.

But if he is a Muslim, going back to the premise above, the only real way to know his ideology(radical or progressive) is by his actions-by the company he keeps-his associations...
Is every Hispanic kid in baggy pants sitting on a street corner a gang-banger? Nope. BUT, if the kid is riding around in a car with known gang bangers, or doing a smash and grab with known gang bangers, chances are he's a gang banger.

I don't know how old you are Marie, but in my youth, I recall someone saying that the Russians won't destroy America with nukes, we will be infiltrated and destroyed by idealists who don't know where to draw the line. We will destroy ourselves with our own liberal ideas.
That thought has never left me...it is like we give money to all of these countries and most of them hate us...but we keep giving, and tonight, while McCain said we should stop it, Obama said we should be giving more to prop up their economies(referring to the old Soviet states, i.e. Latvia, Estonia, Georgia, et.al.) Shit, we can't save our own freaking economy,,,,and we are supposed to rally behind Obama and give even more away?
BTW, I have been told by two people that my Africa post never made it to the list, so I will resend. It kind of addresses this issue as well.

Bev

--
"What Luck for Rulers that Men do not Think" Adolf Hitler
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net