homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:18:32 -0500

On Sep 29, 2008, at 3:29 PM, bob ford wrote:

I have 24 tomato plants, all kind of varieties. They are all very healthy, growing, and have had blossoms for a while. But, I'm hardly getting any tomatoes, just a very few on 2-3 plants. It is right at 100 degrees today; yesterday was hotter

I use miracle grow and water well; is it just the heat, still, Or, could it be a pollination proble? I have not seen a single bee so far this fall. Today was windy, maybe some pollen blew around ...bobford

Too hot to set fruit.