homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:44:09 -0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> It is now 7:07 p.m. and 91 degrees. Will probably drop to around 80- 82
> before dawn (actually, right after dawn is always the coolest time of the
> day in the deasert). Hopefully within a week or so we''l be dropping into
> the mid 70s at night.
>
> One of my neighbors is planting her garden next week, she has lived in the
> house since birth & is older than me. I guess I planted too early, but
> will it matter in the long run, as long as the plants stay healthy? I
> ususally plant later and just wanted to get a jump this year........bobford

Like Gene said, too hot. Best bet is like you say, keep the plants
healthy. When night temps drop, they'll set fruit.

When I was in Florida I it drove me crazy when people planted to late
in the spring. I also hated to hear all about everyone's gardens up
north and then they hated me going on about picking snap beans on
Thanksgiving day :>)

Rob - Va