homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:59:18 -0400

Bob,

What's the night temp like there? I looked up Phoenix and it says the
next few nights are 72 or higher. Is that accurate? When I was in
Florida, I found that night temps were most important. I would just be
planting tomato seed in Sept to transplant later in South Florida.
Night temps below 70 for sure are good, under 68 are best.

There was one hybrid variety I tried once that would set fruit with warm
nights.

Rob - Va

\