homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes not fruiting
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:12:12 -0700 (PDT)

The soil is terrible, I have worked hard on it and am preparing an area for
the spring (different than where now planeted)'takes time & lots of work.

Shade cloth wouldn't help I don't think, for fall --use it much toward late
spring/summer; plants are not wilty, the sun itself isn't that bad (not to
me, anyway) But the ambient temperature is still around 100 degrees.

My tallest palnt right now is 3 feet high, most are little under two foot,
they spread a bit. They will grow taller, have been planted for about 4 - 5
weeks, but most time was way too hot.

I have several peppers, 4 okra and a quash. Okra has big , pretty flowers.

..........bobford