homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bill not passing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bill not passing
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:02:47 -0500

On Sep 29, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

207 yea 226 nay 1 nv , so far. Dems will not gavel down , trying to get
repubs to change their votes. Markets falling hard

And the bad news would be ....... what? </HTML>

If the Feds stand by, and maybe raise, the FDIC insurance on bank savings, which I think likely, then the issue is what other funds that the common people have that might be in jeopardy. If those close to retirement have substantial funds in 401ks holding stock, then I guess it depends on what companies are allowed to fail and let the shareholders be wiped out. If it is "them," then it doesn't hurt. If it is you, your siblings or your parents, it will be painful.

As with taxes, it depends on whose ox is being gored.