homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bill not passing

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bill not passing
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:55:58 EDT

> >what do you mean? No one with a teachers or civil servants pension, a cop
> or a fireman; ; no one with a 401K or an IRA, no one with investments; has
> life?

No, And even if you do, you won't soon.

The actual root cause of all the financial troubles going on now is the idea
that has been ever increasing for the past some decades that the greatest
thing in life would be to sit on your tookis and do nothing and yet consume
the
goods and services that others provide.

In any society SOME of that is needful. We have to be able to store "wealth"
to SOME extent. But in modern America every single worthless wankle wants to
sit on their hinny at no later than 45 and, as we say here in the mountians,
not "strike a lick at a striped snake" the rest of their lives.

Many of us have been preaching for years, the proverbial reed shaken in the
wilderness, that that's a bad idea, a bad philosophy, and a bad paradigm.
Looks like we were right.

So I mean every word of it, Bob. The uber-idle life that has been promoted
as the ideal is no life at all. Now that that lifestyle might well be headed
off the table, people will have to figure out how to have a real life.

James </HTML>