homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bill not passing

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bill not passing
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:47:17 -0800

If someone looses something that they *actually* earned, then I might feel some pain for them.

I see all those things as just one more part of the nanny state AND the breakdown of the family.

Plus, most of the money is put there by the taxpayers. People who don't spend outside their means, don't play keep up with the Jones, would have their homes paid off, their vehicle(s) paid for, no credit card debt and have some money under the mattress. Their elderly relatives would be close by and the FAMILY would take care of itself.

This all may force folks to rethink what is important in life!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

what do you mean? No one with a teachers or civil servants pension, a cop or a fireman; ; no one with a 401K or an IRA, no one with investments; has a life?

A lot of us admire and respect the independence in your life, James. But, not everyone can achieve the same. Some of us have to live somewhaat within mainstream; that doesn't mean we have no life ...bobford