homestead - Re: [Homestead] BBC -glbl wrmg-propaganda investigation

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] BBC -glbl wrmg-propaganda investigation
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

Your point is slightly different than mine. I don't know what to believe
about the subject itself; I just become curious when someone tells me I
shouldn't listen to opposong views. To me that is the same as banning books.
that makes me want to buy and read the book, now

There is a book called The Jewel Of Medina, that has just been published but
Random House will not publish it in America because of political pressure.
Now, I want to read that book.

When I first started reading the 'Beats', Allen Ginsburg, William Burroughs,
etc., was because I was told they were books I shouldn't read.

Heck, the first time I remeber wanting to look at a picture of a scantily
clad girl in a book was because someone told me not to look at the scantily
clad girls (actually it was a mag., Nat'l Geo.).

I do think that most scientists agree on the subject, itself. I just don't
know why they are afraid of legitamite scientific dissent. That moves ther
subject away from science, into politics....bobford