homestead - Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:06:21 EDT

> >It is a seeming conundrum. My Ozark County votes Republican but it is
> poor. The answer is people's historical perception of the parties
> coupled with a fierce independence.

It's not a conundrum at all, it's simply that your premise is not true. I've
heard (mainly the Democrats) themselves espouse that they are the party "for"
the poor, and some how this gets twisted around in people's minds as being
that poor people are for the Democrats. When we focus on the notion of
societal
parasites as being the definion of "poor", maybe there's a case to be made.
My family was of modest means and were staunch Republicans. Herself's family
was affluent and were staunch Democrats. That's not anecdotal, that's the
norm.

What you may be observing there is that independent minded people tend to be
Rebpulicans and those of a dependency mentatlity tend to be Democrats.

The parties break down like this: The poor (those who actually earn their
living) are Republicans, the rich and the parasites (oh, I was just
redundant,
wasn't I) are Democrats, the intelligent are Libertarians, and the crazies
are
Greens.

James </HTML>