homestead - Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:36:59 EDT

> >My prediction today is that this is the last presidential campaign in
> which the old Republican guard has a chance of representing America to
> Americans and to the world.

I remember in the wake of Watergate people were preaching the requiem of the
Rupublican Party. It's done for. No one will ever vote for a Republican
again.

Yet in '76 the uber-doofus Ford only narrowly lost to Carter. Then Reagan
won in landslides. Since the post-Jimmy days we've only had Clinton in the
White House other than Republicans. It seems the rumors of the death of the
Republican Party were greatly exagerated!

I don't expect it to much different this time. </HTML>