homestead - Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 23:02:36 -0400

> I don't see the Republican party dying. I see it changing
> substantially. The old template is no longer viable. Rovian campaign
> tactics are keeping it alive longer than it would otherwise be; they
> will continue to be effective until voters wise up.

You can see the change in action. McCain (old guard) has to campaign
together with Palin (new guard). Otherwise, she'd be outshining him.

This is the evolution. The American people are so shallow that this
repackaging will probably slide right by. Just like highlighting the
tomato and lettuce on a Big Mac; lipstick on a pig.

Rob - Va