homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:13:28 -0700 (PDT)

Don Bowen wrote:

> You cannot be serious, this has to be the worst possible outcome.
> Total inexperience suddenly faced with the myriad of real problems
> that they are not even talking about while we play silly word games
> about lipstick on pigs.  How is her brand of extreme mythology going
> to fix the problem of increasing oil prices?

Perhaps her 'mythology' doesn't have anything to do with it.  Some
people can be assholes with or without mythology.
I am certainly no expert on Palin or politics, but isn't she for opening
up the Reserves on the North Slope?  I'd bet she's also for offshore
drilling.  Everyone I've ever known who lived in Alaska was pretty self
sufficient and had a real gumption about them-a do it or die for real
attitude.  Perhaps that, instead of her 'mythology' will lower
increasing oil prices.

 Increasing national debit?

Debit,or debt?
Give ME a break.  No matter who is elected, our national debt will grow
because we can't stop consuming....

 Increasing balance of
> trade deficient.

See above.

 Collapsing economy?

No matter who is elected, things will be better in January; the economy
almost always upturns after an election/inauguration.  The housing
market waxes and wanes-it's waning now, but soon will wax again.  Global
warming will become global cooling, etc. etc.

Really, Don, I think you give too much power to the POTUS.  No matter
who is elected, they will be the puppet of higher
powers....lol...whether you are thinking about Palin talking to her God,
or Obama kissing Pelosi's ass...

Just because she will appoint judges
> that will use mythology instead of the law, that makes it all right.

Um, correct me if I am wrong, but has there ever been a judge that did
not believe in 'mythology'?  I am not a student of history, but I
believe all previous judges have had a belief in God, including those
'liberal' judges of years past, you know the Roe v. Wade guys, etc.
If I were a judge, I would be very insulted by your comment.  A
professional can separate his or her personal beliefs from their legal
duties under the constitution.   Remember too, that whoever is appointed
will have to be confirmed by mostly Democrats, i.e. liberals.

> Has the American electorate come to this complete dumbing down?

Yup, we weren't all blessed with your ability to live without
'crutches'.  We can't spend the time reading that you do because we are
punching a time clock or gardening or nurturing our families.

> If you are so righteous a Mormon then why do you accept her
> continuous string of lies about the bridge?  It is a lie repeated
> over 27 times now even after being exposed for the lie it is.

I don't know about Ray, but I don't accept it, just as I don't accept
Obama's string of lies.  All politicians lie.  Why does anyone accept
anything?

> By the way I knew a lot of Mormons at one time and most of them I
> felt I had to count my fingers after shaking hands.

I think that was uncalled for, Don.  You should apologize to Ray and the
other Mormons on the list.

You have a right to believe anything you want.  Why do you seem to feel
the need to inflame a conversation by making jabs at others?  I suppose
you can say and write whatever you feel, but realize that no one has
attacked you or made any negative comment about atheism that I can
recall. I personally think you could be more polite-somewhere, I know,
there is a polite guy inside you.  Make Gene give you another beer and
chill.

Akka B