homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:19:46 -0800

Bush said he heard god talk to him and tell him what to do as he was walking outside in the driveway, if I remember correctly, of the White House. He went on to describe the "exact words" god used to tell him what to do.

Of course, lots of ex-druggie/dry alcoholics hear voices, so he probably did. Auditory hullucinations aren't all the uncommon for them.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Akka Homestead" <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>

I welcome Palin as a candidate, too. She brings even more diversity-it's a real test.

As to God speaking directly to the president, realize that many Presidents have claimed such-that's what a "personal relationship" with God means. It is an inherent Christian belief that people can talk/pray to God and that God will will speak back...maybe in a whisper, maybe in an action, maybe as a lightning bolt, maybe as the voice of your conscious, but that he will speak back. George Bush didn't invent that..(Al Gore did<G>)

Akka B