homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:07:33 -0400

For me it isn't so much religious beliefs, but moral stance. I, as some of you know, am a pretty strong Mormon. However, so is Harry Reid, and he and I are about as opposite in moral stance as one can get. Mitt Romney is also Mormon, and is far too liberal for me, though not as far as Reid. It is not one's beliefs that define the person, but rather how that person acts in response to those beliefs.

Of course, this is only MHO

Obama's religion does not really concern me. Nor does McCain's. It's what they have done with those beliefs. Can't vote for Obama. Biden doesn't help me. Couldn't vote for McCain. Palin does help me. Is she perfect? No. Do I agree with what I know of her moral stance? Pretty much.

Here's hope. McCain gets elected. Dies of a heart attack the night after he is sworn in. Palin becomes President.

I could live with that. Better than any current alternative, anyway.

Ray