homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:23:29 EDT

I would tend to agree,neither candidate is a favorite. I really don't like
the extreme left or right of either party. Obama is absolutely far left,
that
I don't like. Four years ago Mc Cain made Kerry's short list for his
Democratic VP running mate, and was considered a possibility for a switch to
the
Dems. Mc Cain has also butted heads with Bush and the Republican party on
several issues. I like a candidate with both the courage and political juice
enough
to stand up to his own party. At least there is the possibility he will side
with the people rather than the platform then. Obama has no juice at all.
With practically no time working at the national level, never having actually

run a lemonade stand let alone a country, I see him doing exactly what Pelosi

and Reid tell him to do in exchange for the opportunity to be president. He
will be the consummate platform Democrat. Mc Cain will at times fall along
the
party lines, but has the temper and chutzpa to stand alone as well. So,
closest to the middle, where I reside and willing to fight his own party.
Finally,
I REALLY hate the idea of giving complete control of the govt. to one party.
White House, Congress and Senate should have to work out compromise, not
follow the same party agenda.

Drew

In a message dated 8/23/2008 6:25:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,