homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:55:56 -0800

Ah, well, actually, folks do exactly that. McNasty was a hotshot. He crashed plane after plane and didn't follow orders. If he is ultimately responsible because of his SOP, then he did "get" himself shot down.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Akka Homestead" <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>

I already stated in a previous email that I don't believe that kind of thing qualifies anyone for the presidency, but let me remind you that just 4 years ago, it was a very big deal that John Kerry won 3 Purple Hearts. Service and sacrifice seems fine if is it your candidate who has done so, and trivial if it is the other party's candidate. Politicizing sacrifice is never good, and we should have learned that lesson 50 years ago, but apparently not as we are still doing it (in both parties)
As a writer and as someone who champions diction and self expression with words, you should be ashamed of yourself Gene. I think the way you worded that below is disrespectful to all aviators who have been POW's. In fact, it is disrespectful in general. It is blaming the victim...one does not get oneself shot down, just as one does not walk into an ambush, get his ship sunk or his submarine torpedoed....Just my opinion though.

Thank you to all who served their country in the military, in peacetime or in war. I am grateful that you are here to vote, even if it is for Obama.. :)

Akka