homestead - [Homestead] Disappointed in congress and senate

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Disappointed in congress and senate
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:36:56 EDT

Is anyone else feeling more confused about the coming election after the way
the Dems campaigned
on the platform of change the last two congressional and Senate elections,
gained their majority and then
promptly ignored their promises to us and stepped right back into business
as usual?? I was all for the change in the balance of power. Pelosi gave a
list
of promises for the first 100 days and didn't pursue any major things on the
list. A couple token talks, but no real pushes to make them happen. I just
have a hard time buying the idea that change will occur, let alone be
positive
if they gain the white house. They had the perfect opportunity to earn my
loyalty over these 6 years, but have done nothing. I get the feeling they
want
things to look as bad as possible to help them in their white house bid
rather than gaining our support through actual effort. Just wondering how
everyone
else feels about this, I would feel better if they were sending all these
bills up to the white house and I could blame Bush for vetos but let's face
it,
they don't even try.

deal here.