homestead - Re: [Homestead] One year vision

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] One year vision
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:01:59 -0700

At 8/1/2008 07:10 AM,Don Bowen wrote:
To that end I have been trying to come up with a guess on what the future may look like.
So what do you all think things will be like by this time next summer? This
is a very short horizon so should be easy, but is it?

A serious guess about next summer is a hard one.

I do not expect energy prices to come down any. Serious down is what I mean, down to $3.50 a gallon is still very high in an economic society built on roads. The high cost of that energy will be seen everywhere.
How the winter turns out energy wise will have a big impact on the summer.

I don't think food shortages will be wide spread yet.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA